Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Pretty Little Studio - Beautiful Day!


Have you noticed? Spring is in the air! When I take Miss Moriko for our morning walk I'm noticing more and more birds returning to our area! I hear Sandhill Cranes and Canada Geese! I'm seeing Robins and Red Winged Blackbirds, and of course their music fills the air! It's easy to spot where some of them made homes last year since the trees are still bare - and I'm planning to keep an eye in those trees to see if I can figure out who lives there. There is one tree in particular that has three very small nests - I'm hoping these are hummingbirds!

The Vintage Die Cut Nest comes printed and cut - ready to work with! It's very realistic! Just look at those detailed leaves (you can see the veins), flowers (look in the centers) and nest! I just love that little bee too!

I placed a 4" Cambridge Doily under the nest die cut. These are the perfect size for an A2 size card! Beneath the doily are papers from the Woodland Collection. I wanted to pick up the coral color that accents the flowers on the nest die cut so I used the Caterpillar Coral Stripe paper, and neutral newsprint Wisteria from the Marigold Collection for my background.

To break up the pattern papers that seem to get a little busy I add a strip of solid card stock - like the die cut border in coral down the right margin of the card.

The Thank You die cut sentiment is from the Garden Die Cut Tags Pack. It contains 28 die cuts so you have lots to play with!

The finishing touch is a sprinkle of Crystal sequins. They look like dewdrops!

Have a great day!




Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Pretty Little Studio Products
Paper | Woodland Collection | Caterpillar - Coral Stripe | Marigold Collection | Wisteria
Die | Nest, Monarch
Die Cut Tags | Garden
Doily | 4” Cambridge
Sequins | Crystal

4 comments:

Donna said...

You always make it look so effortless...
Beautiful as always, Jeanne. x

Birgit said...

This card is so sweet Jeanne! I'm an avid bird lover and just love to see spring come alive with the sound of birds singing and all the new growth coming out of the ground. Your post drew a vivid picture of that! These dies are so adorable and I always love seeing what you do with them. Beautiful, beautiful layers and darling card!!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet card....so full of spring!

Lisa Elton said...

This lovely card has me longing for spring!!