Thursday, February 2, 2017

Pretty Little Studio - Birthday Hugs!

I fell in love with Pretty Little Studio when I was introduced to their vintage die cut images. It was love at first sight and a trip down memory lane. My mind conjurs up images from childhood storybooks, greeting cards, and paper dolls. I just can't resist that nostalgic feeling that makes me happy!
This cutie is Penelope! Isn't she wonderful? I love her bold pattern dress and flower covered straw hat! I wanted to compliment the blue in her dress by layering her on a background of blue!
The card base is papers from the Woodland Collection ; the blue stripes are called Sky Blue, the floral is from the paper pack, and the soft blue is called Dandelion Blue.
If you look close you'll see a bit of lacy 4" Cambridge Doily peeking out! I thought it would compliment this lovely lady - delicate and feminine.
The sentiment is a Valentine Words Sticker that is adhered to a Clover Leaf Cut Apart Label... the little blue butterfly is from the Botanical die cut package.

The Happy Birthday die cut can be found in the Bloom Die Cut Package - it has lots of word dies that are perfect for card making and journaling! The finishing touch is a sprinkle of Crystal Sequins
I sure hope Penelope makes you smile too!





Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”

  • Pretty Little Studio Supplies
  • Paper | Woodland Collection
  • Doily | Cambridge 4”
  • Word Sticker | Valentine
  • Die | Penelope, Botanical Flower (Butterfly)
  • Word Die Cuts | Bloom
  • Sequins | Crystal
Other

Twinery Twine - Shore
Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Every little thing about this card just makes me HAPPY!!

cm said...

Consider your goal accomplished above-and-beyond: Penelope is, indeed, making me smile! What a cutie, especially with the lovely layers/embellishments you've paired her with! So pretty!
Hugs~c