Wednesday, February 24, 2016

SPDSS42 Hoppy Easter!

Happy Wednesday!   I hope you're having a great week!  The weather here is beautiful!! YAY!! Mori and I get to go walking!   I love listening to the birds sing - and I even heard some cranes whirling overhead!   It almost seams too good to be true!   Spring really is on it's way!! LOL!  

A new sketch challenge begins today at Sugar Pea Designs. The prize - a $75 gift certificate to the shop is awarded monthly.  Since the sketch is weekly you can play along with the design team as many of the monthly challenges you like.  The more weeks you play, the more entries you have for the prize.  You can get all the details here at the Sugar Pea Designs Blog.  Here's the sketch this week....  



I've got Easter on my mind so I thought it was the perfect time to start playing with the One Big Hoppy Family Set!  This set is amazing - Mom, Dad, and yep!  lots of bitty bunny kiddos so you can make lots of fun scenes! 

I stamped Mom and the kids with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them up with Copic markers.  I chose colors to compliment my background papers. When I was finished I fussy cut the image and decided it needed a frame.  I cut a background matt with the Zig Zag Stitched Circles.  I love the little arrows all pointing toward the center - like HEY!  Look at me!!! 
The "Hoppy Easter" sentiment was die cut with the Stitched Flags.  There is a stitched detail along the edge.  I keep thinking I'll make a coupon book and use the stitching as a tear away / perforation. 


I wanted to show you the dimension on this card.  It has lots of layers but the base is completely flat.  I wanted to raise the circle so I could slip a button underneath.
The twine is wrapped completely around the card and tied on the front.  When I adhered the scalloped circle I left a space in the adhesive foam so the twine slides freely underneath. 
Need a little more inspiration?  Check out what the rest of the team made!  Just click on their names here.


Now it's you're turn!  Hop on over to Sugar Pea Designs and play along with us!



Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Sugar Pea Designs One Big Hoppy Family
Dies:  Sugar Pea Designs Zig Zag Stitched Circles, Stitched Flags, Spellbinder Scalloped Circles, Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders
Twinery Denim Twine
Pattern Paper:  Echo Park For The Record 2 12"

8 comments:

Lesley said...

I just love that sweet bunny!! You have dressed her up nicely! Love the colours and your use of papers my friend!

Gloria said...

Adorable card!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Eek! This is darling, Jeanne! Again, your use of pattern is amazing!

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet Ester bunny! love the colors and patterns!

Nora Noll said...

This is the cutest easter bunny I have ever laid eyes on. Such fabulous use of your patterned papers!!

Karren said...

Love this image, Jeanne! These little cuties came to live at my house as well, so I'm hoping to color them up soon! Gorgeous card!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

LOVE all those layers and details. Such a super fantastic card!

cm said...

Those bunny kidlets can come to live at my house any day...absolutely darling card in every way!
hugs~c