Saturday, February 20, 2016

Here Comes Peter Cottontail!


You already know that Poppystamps has so many pretty dies - but have you checked out all the great stamp sets they have? Today I'm playing with the Easter Excitement set. What's really unique to me about the Poppy sets - besides the obvious super cute images - is the number of dies you get with the coordinating dies set. There is a matching die for just about every image in the stamp set.
It's really easy to create a scene. I used Peerless watercolors from Birch Press Design to make a simple background. You don't have to be an expert at watercolor - I used two colors for this background - blue for sky, and green for grass. If you look close you will see that I kept a very small margin between the green and the blue so that they would not blend together.

Next add the stamped images... I stamped the sentiment and stitched springy arch that gives my bunny motion directly onto the watercolor paper with Versafine ink. Make sure you ink it up good and stamp it a few times on scratch paper before you commit to the textured watercolor paper. Dont worry if your impression isn't perfect - you can fill in any missed areas with a fine point marker.

I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black, and colored them with Copic Markers. The images are easy to die cut because the coordinating dies are window cuts. You simply place the die over the stamped image, tape the die in place and then die cut.

I adhered the die cut images with adhesive foam tape to add some dimension. I love all the extras in the stamp set like the butterflies, and little chickie. There is even a jelly bean, heart and carrot in the set!! This was a fun scene to create and I know you'll love working with these sets.
Thanks for stopping by and have a fabulous day! 









Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Poppystamps Easter Excitement Stamps and Dies
Peerless Watercolor
Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Copic Markers

11 comments:

Marybeth said...

I love the new blog look! Very pretty!
Darling little card,I used this set a few weeks ago and had so much fun with it! I can still hear my mom singing that song. Your watercolor background is Gorgeous!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...this has to be the sweetest little hopping Easter bunny on the planet, make an adorable card.

BenteS said...

So sweet and lovely cards you have made lately!
It makes me happy looking at the bright colours you have used :))

Tracey McNeely said...

Will be singing that all day! Such a cute card!

Diane Jaquay said...

SUPER adorable card, Jeanne, and the background looks fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

Hipity hopity Easter's on it's way!! So cute Jeanne!!

Gail said...

Such a lovely and cute card - love that background! Nice creation

Nora Noll said...

This is adorable!! I LOVE how you created the background and then added all those adorable stamps!!

Pam Sparks said...

super cute coloring and scene creating Jeanne!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Oh little peter cotton tail.. this is darling and now I have that song in my head!

cm said...

Oh my...love your bunny, and that little chick...ACK! Cuteness abounds!
Hugs~c