Thursday, September 3, 2015

Pocket Thanks for Teacher

It’s “Back To School” for most of the kiddos.  That’s sort of bittersweet for me.  It makes me sad to think summer is at an end, and the days will be quieter.   No one to have lunch with except my little fur baby.  At the same time I am happy that my day will be more organized and we’ll be back in a routine.  And, if I am very good and have all my chores caught up I just might find some time to play!
We’re featuring a few Back to School projects this week.  What a great time to add a Thank You card for teacher to your stash!  You just never know when you will be needing one.  

I remember when  my son took the big  box of Dunkin Donut Munchkins to school for his birthday.  Of course he was a big boy and insisted he bring them into the school all by himself.   At some point the box broke open and donut holes went rolling everywhere.  
One of his teachers came to his rescue – helped him pick them all up and even went back to the donut shop to buy a new box for him.   Talk about saving the day!

The right teacher can give you such peace of mind.  I admire and respect all the teachers who help our children achieve their goals.  So yes, thank you cards are a MUST!!


I made mine into a pocket card so I could slip a little treat inside – this pocket is big enough to hold a gift card or even a candy bar. 
I wrapped The Twinery Maraschino twine around the front of the card three times, and tied a bow under the star button.  Teacher gets an A+ and a Star!  The inside of the card is perfect for a hand written note.
I love using The Twinery Twine to take every project to the next level You make a handmade card to show  you care and , that little extra touch makes all the difference.










The Twinery Maraschino Twine
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Peace & Plenty (apple) ,  Fine Feathers (sentiment), Planner Basics Frames & Words
Pattern Paper:  Pink Paislee Solstice 6”
Dies:  Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders, Waltzingmouse Pretty Panel #2
Wood Clothes Pin
Wood Button:  Maya Road

5 comments:

Julia Aston said...

what a great design for a teacher card with the pocket for a gift card! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

I love the mix of papers and die cuts Jeanne, this is cute!

Sharron said...

You've created the perfect thank you card! Any teacher would love this card with such well placed elements and a pocket for an extra treat!

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I love this idea!!

cm said...

What a happy-ending story about your son and the teacher-rescue of his rolling away donut holes! Your post really strikes a chord, not only because I'm a teacher, but because my niece started kindergarten this week, and I hope beyond hope that teachers touch her life in the most positive of ways (might make me a little green with envy *grin*). Your card is heart-warming and the teacher receiving it will be deeply touched! What a sweetheart you are!
Hugs~c