Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Silly Monkey Baloo

Looking for a little inspiration?   Once a week Pretty Little Studio has a pinterest inspired project and this time it's my turn!   Today I’m turning to this pinterest image!  Pretty neat right?   Sometimes it’s not so obvious how I got from the pinterest image to my final project so I’m going to start out by telling you the things I love – that captured my attention on the inspiration photo… … the wood veneer alphabet, rainbow colored books. and neutral striped background.   I was particularly focused on the contrast between the book end and the colorful books. 

So… how to translate that into a card.  I started with the colorful wood grain paper from the Silly Monkey collection.  To create a bold contrast I put it next to some orange graph paper.  Why graph paper?  To mimic the lines of the neutral background in the inspiration photo.
I thought  the die cut Silly Baloo Monkey would make the perfect  bookend /divider so I adhered it along the seam where the two pattern papers meet.
I layered a pretty doily under the die cut to soften up the lines and add some interest.

I wanted to add some alphabet letters so I adhered “Silly” created from Gold Foil Caps Alphas Stickers.

I’m a “ more is more” gal so a sprinkle of stars from the Paradise Confetti mix to pick up on the blue in the wood grain background is the perfect finishing touch!

I hope you are inspired to make something beautiful today!










Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5”
Supplies: 
Pattern Paper:  PLS Silly Monkey Collection
Die:  Silly Baloo Monkey
Doily:  4” French Lace
Stickers:  Gold Foil Caps Alphas
Confetti:  Paradise
Other:  Twinery Mandarin Twine
Cloud 9 Wood Veneer Sequins

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute!! What a fun little fella he is!

Julia Aston said...

What a fun card Jeanne! love that monkey playing on the pole! Julia xx

cm said...

I'm smiling alllllll over my face at your cute AND classy card that emerged from such a fabulous inspiration photo! Truly ingenious and delightfully adorable! Your "more is more" sprinkle of stars: perfect!
Hugs~c