Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Waltzingmouse August Release Day 3

Thanks for stopping by!  It's the last day of new Waltzingmouse Release sneak peeks.  We're showing three more sets today:  Great Big Owl, Boo & Friends, and Peek a Boo Sentiments.  Today is all about Halloween!!!
This is the Great Big Owl - there are two owls and clever sentiments and sayings in this set that have lots of possibilities.  This one won't be used just for Halloween - it has all the necessary companion stamps to make a wonderful book mark or book plate, and let's face it - owls are wonderful all year round.  Yes there is a matching die for this guy as well!!  
I created a background from distress ink and then stamped the Great Big Owl with Versafine ink.  The branch and leaves are separate stamps so you can customize the look.    I embellished him with a few black gems and a sentiment added to his chest.
This sweet little witch ghost is from Boo & Friends Stamp set.  She is super cute and will delight one and all!  Wait until you see Boo and her other friends!  I paper pieced the background and fussy cut the witch ghost to add her into the scene.  The sentiment is from the Peek A Boo Sentiment Set.  
I made some simple treat bags with one of the sentiment stamps from Peek A Boo Sentiments. I think this one stamp is worth the price of the whole set.  I will be able to use it over and over all year round - not just for Halloween treats.
I dressed up simple paper bags that I got at the craft store.  I just folded a doily over the top flap of the bag (you can buy a package in the baking section of the craft store or cut some of your own) , and clipped on a tag that was stamped with the sentiment.  To fussy up the clothes pins I embellished them with glitter, and then hot glued a bow and a little embellishment.  They look like you made a fuss but were super easy. 

Ready to see more peeks of the new releases?  Here's a list of ladies with projects for you today.

I hope you will stop by tomorrow for a blog hop.  We'll be celebrating the release being made available in the store and giving away some prizes.









Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Great Big Owl
Card Stock PTI Summer Sunrise, White, True Black
Ink:  Ranger Distress Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Versafine Onyx Black
Gems

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse  Boo and Friends, Peek A Boo Sentiments
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon Witch Hazel
Versafine Onyx Black, Copic Markers, Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: Poppystamps Fancy Clouds, PTI In the Meadow
Card Stock PTI

Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Peek A Boo Sentiments
Paper Bags:  Paper Studio
Doily Die Cut:  Cheery Lynn French Pastry, Poppystamps Lovely Tendril, Waltzingmouse Stitched Tags
Hug Snug Seam Binding
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Glitter Embellishments:  Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)
Paper Rose: Iamroses.com
Wood Clothes Pins, Glitter, Card Stock PTI

8 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Oh my! That owl card is simply stunning. Love the coloured background and the simple sentiment. Your little witch card is charming! And I love the tags - so nice to see them dressed for lots of occasions!

Renee said...

LOVE 'em!!
That owl is superb against that colored background...
and Boo.
I love her!!
That's all I can say...
she's just precious!
And your treat bags are awesome! :)

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful projects today Jeanne! the bags are delightful with their tags and pretty decorations - love the background you created for Mr. Owl on his branch - he is quite a commanding image isn't he!?!

Kelly S. said...

I checked the perfect reaction underneath!! I absolutely adore your ghostie card! I love the fresh patterns and fun colors. The tags are amazing for each holiday...I never would have thought of that. And your owl is positively spooooky!

Anonymous said...

Love all your treat bags!! Those are really gorgeous!! I want to have some trick or treat candy inside the bag :D

Marybeth said...

Wow,what a creative post today! Do you craft through the night? Your treat tags are wonderful and I have to say I love that cute little ghost ! Beautiful shading on the owl!

ionabunny said...

I love that owl. Matching die you say? Off to check it out

Enchantments and Giggles said...

Great, great ideas! Love that you can use the treat stamp so many different times!