Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Casology - Flowers


A new challenge begins today at CASology!  The cue word this week is Flowers!  And guess who's hosting this week?  Yep!  Serendipity Stamps.   They have some of the most beautiful detailed flower images you'll ever see.   Since I'm on the DT for SS I got the cue word early this time and was able to play.  So how to make a super detailed image clean and simple?  Here's what I did... 
I stamped this pretty violet bouquet in purple ink, die cut the sentiment on top of the stamped image, and then layered it on a darker purple paper so the sentiment would stand out.  I couldn't resist sprinkling on some purple gems.

If you're playing along this week and you're using your Serendipity Stamps you can double dip - enter it at CASology, and then enter it at Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog.  Our theme this month is (yep!  it really is!) FLOWERS!

Have a beautiful day!!












Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Serendipity Stamps Violets
Dies:  Serendipity Stamps Hello
Ink:  Avery Elle Sugar Plum
Card Stock:  PTI White, SU! Perfect Plum
Corner Chomper We R Memory Keepers 

9 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Jeanne, love the big purple flower. Thanks you for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Marybeth said...

Its beautiful Jeanne! Love it when you do CAS because you even do that well.
I resized I do not have more than a few SSS flowers.

Joyce said...

You do CAS so well. Love this card and the beautiful and detailed floral image. It's so striking with the monochrome look. I should really play along again and use one of my new Serendipity flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Renee said...

Simply gorgeous!
Love the colors...
they're so Jeanne! :)

Lesley said...

Beautiful! The purple is perfect for these flowers and I love that large sentiment.

Sharron said...

Wonderful flower for a CASE design--love the monochromatic look!

Ardyth said...

I never think to stamp a line image in colour and then leave it, but you've reminded me how good it looks! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Jeanne, I love how your card is so in keeping with your beautiful website header! You certainly know how to capture a perfect purple flower! That simple but detailed lilac image so perfectly mounted is a picture!

Gillian R said...

What a beautiful striking card and a gorgeous font. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology