Tuesday, March 18, 2014

CASology - Week 87 - Blush

Some days I just feel so lucky!  Know what I mean?  Today I'm the guest designer at CASology!!! Can you believe it?  Me neither!!  I can't tell you how happy I am!  I really love trying different styles and have been trying to perfect my CAS side for a while now.  I'm doubly blessed because I have a few close CAS friends to guide me!  

The cue word this week is "Blush".  I had to think about what that meant to me.  My first thought was the color blush.  But then I got to think about things that made me blush.  My husband giving me a look, a friend giving me a compliment, my kids teasing me about the wheel falling off my shopping cart or how Johan on the Givalia commercials is cute.   Little things that embarrass me.    Once I had to explain my daughter's allergy to penicillin to her new pediatrician.  The doctor asked me "Well - what does it do?" meaning what reaction does she have... and me telling him "it's an antibiotic".  Thinking to myself...  seriously what kind of doctor did I go to anyway?  You get the picture.
 I think being called "dollface" might get you a blush too.  I hope I didn't push the limits of CAS with all those stamped flowers.  I couldn't resist!    So what does "Blush" mean to you?   I'm looking forward to finding out!  I hope I see you at CASology!











Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse You're A Doll, You're A Doll Additions
Card Stock:  PTI White,  SU!  Pink Pirouette
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Cantaloupe, Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Pear Tart, Orange Zest, Bamboo Leaves, Copic Markers
Pearls:  Doodlebug

11 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

Love your cute card...you will be blushing all day with all the compliments you are going to be getting! Love the subtle shading on her cheeks and those pretty stamped flowers. It's CAS...lots of white space with that cute face as the focal point!

The Hardy Stamper said...

I love your colourful card! The penicillin anecdote made me grin too - that's just the sort of thing that I'd do or say!

Barb Ghig said...

Firstly, I want to congratulate you on your well deserved win and now, Guest DT spot at CASology! I also want to say Congrats on your gorgeous card getting the cover on 'Cards' magazine...wow!

I love your take on this week's cue card! Such a pretty 'doll face', and your flowers are lovely! Thanks so much for your inspiration...it was fun to stop by your blog! Not to mention the chuckle I got when I read your reply to the new Pediatrician :-)

wienerhoneymooners said...

SUPER Gorgeous, and CAS is not the easiest!!! I love your dollface Jeanne, and so happy to have your talent, all the blooms and colors are amazing

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh, so happy to have you as a Guest with us this week!!! Truly you are a gem!!!!

Judy1223 said...

Jeanne, such a fun card, perfect for the cue this week! Love that blushing doll face! So glad to have you guest designing this week at CASology!

Jill Norwood said...

Congrats Jeanne! Love your "blush" ideas and this wonderful card! :)

Marybeth said...

Congrats on your GDT spot! I love this with the flowers stamped around the doll-face. Now I want those flowers too!

Jasleen Kaur said...

Congrats on your GD spot. Beautiful stamping. Love that blushing doll. :)

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too cute! Love your little doll and congrats on your GD spot too, so much fun to see your card with the rest of the group!

Tracey McNeely said...

I am so sorry to arrive so late sweet friend! Last weed didn't exist. So happy to have you guesting with us at CASology, I love the sweet dollfaces.