Friday, March 7, 2014

CASology - Carnival

I hope you are having a great day!  It's Friday and the sun is shining here.  I had some time to play so I thought I'd play at CASology.  I had fun seeing all the cards linked up for the theme this time.  It's Carnival.  And oh the interpretations of that word - so fun!  I saw carousel horses and ride tickets, the magic of New Orleans Carnival, and even a little cruise ship!  How fun is that?  

Well here's my interpretation.  I always love the pretty masks you see this time of year and when I saw this Spellbinder die I knew I had to have it.   My daughter collects the real thing and has quite a few adorned with feathers and gems!  She's going out clubbing in the city this weekend with a friend who just turned 21 - the sentiment along with the Mardi Gras mask seemed like a perfect fit.
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend folks!











Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  WPlus9 Stricktly Sentiments
Dies: Spellbinder  Venetian  Accents
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Card Stock: PTI Simply Chartreuse, White, Raspberry Fizz, Royal Velvet
Sequins Gold and Purple Neat & Tangled

13 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Wow - love that mask die Jeanne! what a perfect card for your DD's friend!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jeanne how awesome is that die! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Joyce said...

Wow, Jeanne--you have a die for everything. Perfect for this week's cue word--love that brightly colored mask and sequins.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Ok, OK THIS is a CAS Queen of a card if ever I seen one, lots of white space, awesome focal point, clean, crispness, super colors bold and beautiful -perfectly embellished, and a sentiment that rocks it right out of the park, well done Jeanne, well done!!!!!

Jeanne, love seeing you play and perfect your wonderful CAS-ness, I love all of your work, as you know ME=Big FAN

Sharron said...

What an awesome mask! Love your CAS design.

Cathy Weber said...

I remember you telling me you got that die and it could not be any better for this challenge...must admit I drew a blank on the carnival cue word. Yours was spot on! I'll be thinking good thoughts that yours will be the Big Winner this week...it should!

Judy1223 said...

Jeanne, this is quite amazing...I love that mask, the perfectly balanced sequins, the awesomely appropriate sentiment! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Susan Powell said...

CAS perfection!!! Love the crispness of your card! The mask and the greeting are awesome!

Marybeth said...

This card is AMAZING! Love how you do CAS Congrats on your win! What a great die too!

Darnell said...

YAY, Jeanne, congratulations on the WIN at CASology! SO well-deserved for this CAS delight!! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

wienerhoneymooners said...

CONGRATS!!!! ---Some wishes do come true!!!! So well deserved, I can see you are such a CAS girl now!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Jeanne. I had a feeling about this card! Way to go with this beauty!

Barb Ghig said...

Really fabulous card, Jeanne! Congrats on your well deserved win!!!