Sunday, February 2, 2014

Simply Create Too - Mothers Day

I'm playing a new challenge today - two of my bloggie friends Kim From Cupcakes Cards and Kim, and Yvonne from My Paper Station both made it on to the design team at Simply Create Too!  I'm so happy to see them both on a new team so of course I'm going to play along!  The challenge this time - it's a two week challenge - is to make a Mother's Day or feminine card.

I decided to make a Mother's Day card with my favorite Lil Inker stamp. I adore this nostalgic image and I can't tell you how much this one makes me think of my mom.   I really need to take a picture of the portrait of her and show it side by side with this stamp some day.   It's her down to the little bow in her hair.
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!   If you get a chance stop over at Simply Create Too and say hello and welcome to Kim and Yvonne - they'd sure be happy to hear from you!











Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  Lil Inker Designs Stirring In Lots of Love
Dies:  LI Mom, Spellbinder Standard Circles, Big Scalloped Circles
Ink:  Memento Luxe Rosebud
Pattern Paper:  Simple Stories Vintage Bliss
Card Stock PTI Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Regal Rose, SS Strawberry Slush
1/2" Corner Chomper We R Memory Keepers 

9 comments:

The Hardy Stamper said...

This is such a happy card and I'm sure your Mum will love it!

Pauline said...

Such a sweet image Jeanne, and those chintzy papers are perfect! Beautiful!

Cathy Weber said...

I always love when you use this image...every time I see it I think of you...now I guess I will be thinking of your mother instead! I love how you used a different color heart for the mom and left the image uncolored...my favorite way! Kim will be so excited you played along with her new DT challenge.

Tracey McNeely said...

Adorable image and I love that die too! Fantastic Jeanne!

Kim Heggins said...

Jeanne...I am so excited that you decided to play along with Simply Create Too and your card is just about as cute as can be. I love that stamp, that vintage look is one of my favorite looks and this reminds me so much of being a little girl and helping my mom in the kitchen baking. I may have to put this set on my wish list. This is my favorite part...Thank you so much for playing along with Simply Create Too!

Kanan Pandya said...

This is so beautiful and so very special, Jeanne. Love the floral background and that vintage feel of that stamp, a perfect Mother's Day card.

Thanks for playing along with us at Simply Create Too. Join us again soon. :-)

Sharron said...

That is the sweetest image! Love that you left it uncolored--so fitting for remembering when printing, and even TV, was black & white!

Joyce said...

Fantastic Mother's day card. So cute with the retro look. I hadn't realized Simply Create Too had a new challenge up. Better go check.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Jeanne, Glad you're joining us at Simply Create Too for our Mother's Day/Female Challenge. Your Mother's Day card is very pretty.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com