Thursday, February 27, 2014

CASE #180 - Thankful for You


I don't know about you but WOW has this week just flown by for me!  I've been keeping so busy I forgot what day it was!  I think it was my son being home sick on Monday - it put me a day behind.  Isn't that strange how one little thing can throw off your whole "inner clock"?     Well Happy Thursday!  You know what that means right?  A new challenge at CASE Study!

Our muse this month is Danielle Flanders and she is totally rocking it!!.  As usual, I'm learning lots and trying more new things. Check out the inspiration photo for this week.  Use the photo to inspire you to make something.  So what do you see that you like here?  The little open window frame?  The pin?  The color Scheme?  Ahhhh... the stamping on the bottom layer and the die cuts on top of that?  How about the wood grain on the frame, or the scallop edge borders?  Choose what you like and roll with it!

I loved the open window frame and made sure to pick a die with some open spaces to let the background peek through.  I also loved the stamped background and that round flower die cut.  I switched that up to leaves and a bright colored button that would contrast with the background.  Did you notice the button sentiment is the same shape as the sentiment inside the frame - a banner? 

Did you need a little more inspiration or maybe you're just curious to see what the rest of the DT did with this design.  Click on their names to hop to their blogs.

Our special guest designers this month (Yes there are two!!)  are May Park and Caryn Davies!

Chupa - Iwona Palamountain
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Debbie Hughes
Maureen Plut
Tasnim Ahmed 
Maureen Merritt
Silke Ledlow


Now it's your turn!  I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with this clever design!  I hope I see you at CASE Study Challenge Blog!














Supplies Used:  Finished Size 4.25 x 5.5"
Stamps:  PTI Harvest Berries, Think Big Favorites #19
Dies:  PTI Meadow Greens, Avery Elle Chevron Border
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, Memento Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves
Button:  Basic Grey
Card Stock: PTI DKraft, White, SU! Gumball Green, Garden Green
Enamel Dots:  Doodlebug
Natural Button Twine May Arts

7 comments:

Danielle Flanders said...

So lovely! I loved reading all of the details you picked out from my card, it's nice to hear what others see when they see something of mine...things I wouldn't have thought of to pull as inspiration! Thanks so much for having me this month, I had fun!
Danielle

Cathy Weber said...

Getting ready to work on a CASE card right now Jeanne...just had to leave you a little comment telling you how much this inspired me to play along today. Love that chevron die...the stamp showing behind the die cut was something that inspired me today too. Love the elegant sentiment and the enamel dots. Cute...classy...and elegant! LOL. I notice that everywhere these days!

Sue D said...

Lovely shades of green!

Marybeth said...

Loving the beautiful shades of green with your beautiful stamped leaves. I like the way you wrapped the twine under the button.
Hope Roger is well by now. Not good news with Oscars sister.

Sharron said...

Beautiful, Jeanne--love those wonderful greens! The chevron die cut looks great with the leaves!

Joyce said...

This is just beautiful. You pulled so much inspiration from Danielle's card, and I see so much on your card to inspire me. I especailly love seeing those beautiful harvest berries showing behind your die cuts--and your button is so cute.

Wida said...

I agree with Sue. Green never looked so good