Thursday, August 30, 2012

Moxie Fab: A Pin Therein


Today I had some time to play so of course I went to Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger to check the inspiration photo.  Have a look at this beauty.  I immediately started thinking brown polka dot paper, hexagon dies, and quilt patterns.  After searching high and low I came up empty handed.  I started playing with octagons, stars, and triangles - none would form a circle.  I almost called it quits when I thought about my nestie pennants.  They still didn't make a perfect circle - had to do a little trimming, but I am so happy that I stuck with it!   I love the patch work quilt look I achieved!
I cut the pennants in all different colors of paper from the same 6x6 pad.  I taped them together to line them up and make them easier to handle.  The inspiration photo had lots of pretty pastels, but I decided to go bold with lots of color.  I kept the pins and twine from the photo as well as the pretty floral papers.  I hope you have some time to play - this one was lots of fun - you might even find some clever shape to make  it all YOU!
 
Hugs!
Jeanne
 
Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamp:  Waltzingmouse Eat Cake
Paper:  Basic Grey Piccadilly 6x6 Pad
May Arts 3/4" Twill Natural Ribbon
Hug Snug Seam Binding Bright Red
Dies:  Spellbinders Standard Circles, Nested Pennants, Cheery Lynn Polynesian Sails Oval
Extras wood Button, Pins, Gem, Twine (Waltzingmouse)

11 comments:

Vickie Z said...

Eeeks.....totally fun! Love the colors (bold color girl) and the "pie" shapes you used!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, what a great job you did lining this up to make a circle with pennant dies! I especially like the kraft doily you used with the sentiment...it looks so much like the lace in the inspiration photo. Very pretty card Jeanne.

Joyce said...

Oh, this is so wonderful. What a great take on the trigger photo. I was working on this trigger photo today, too. Totally different. I really love how you used the pennants, and all those bold colors, and pins, too.

anya said...

This is a *beautiful* take on the photo! I love the shape you created, and the patterns you used are just divine!

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous, Jeanne! I love what you came up with! What a great shape!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love your take on the Trigger - the bold colors are incredible & love your ribbon & bow!

maria f. said...

What a color feast for the eyes!

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, this is ever so fun, Jeanne! LOVE your interpretation of the Trigger, and your colors are so bold and delicious! I was hoping to get to create something with it. I've got about a million ideas, but time is just getting away from me this week.

Lisa Minckler said...

you and your brain....geesh! So striking and original. I just love it!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jeanne! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Nancy Penir said...

Hi Jeanne,
If it was OK to have a favorite for all the beautiful submits, yours was mine! So glad you won. Just a great creation!