Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August - A Walk in my Garden

Can you believe it's August already?  Summer vacation is almost over and pretty soon it's back to school for the kiddos! I've been working my way through this set of large oval month stamps from Serendipity featuring one card at the beginning of each month.  These stamps are just gorgeous and I'm accumulating a beautiful set of note cards that can be used for birthday's or just to say hello.  The August stamp features all the beauty of the garden - sunflowers, tomatoes and vegetables.  I colored mine with Copics, added a trellis inspired die cut, used garden papers, and natural embellishments of twine and a wood button to tie it all together.  Here's what I came up with:
 
This stamp reminds me a lot of my own garden this time of year so I thought I'd share some photo's to show how my garden grows about now.  I live in a regular small suburb, but I do have a large yard that affords me some room to plant just about whatever I want - just not a whole lot of it!  Enough for my own family and to share with neighbors.






So now you have had the official tour of the garden!  There are always new things to see!  Tomatoes are getting ripe, I even have a few butternut squash this year!  Did you get everything right?  Did you see that pumpkin?  Wow!  I hope it gets really big - kind of explains why I am always watering lately huh?  I even have gourds and white pumpkins planted.  I don't grow much corn - there is just enough for a few decorative bunches for Halloween/Thanksgiving, and it's Indian corn for decoration - not sweet corn for eating!  Thanks for stopping by! Have a beautiful day!               

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size:  5" x 7"
Stamp:  Serendipity Large Oval Cling
Paper:  Basic Grey Offbeat (Pattern), Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream, Kraft, Scarlett Jewel (Solids)
Dies:  Spellbinders Lattice Motifs
Markers:  Copic
Button, Button Thread (Waltzingmouse), Ink (Momento Tuxedo Black) 

15 comments:

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous, I love the colourful August medallion, and the fab lattice frame.
Summer break has just started here for us, only on the second week! Another 5 to go!

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne, WOW!!!! Your garden is spectacular! I can't believe how many different kinds of veggies you grow in there, I'm so impressed :) And the card is perfect to go along with the "walk in your garden" I love that trellis looking die behind the focal point, and that veggie patterned paper is adorable!

Marybeth said...

Wow, your August card that represents your garden is just beautiful! Love the tomatoes and corn to the side of the oval. Jeanne you have a beautiful garden.
Your garden seems to be surviving quite well, in the heat. Keep up the good work and diligent watering. TFS..

Cathy Weber said...

This is exactly how I pictured your garden Jeanne, so beautiful and green...filled with ripening veggies and pretty flowers. I have really been enjoying your monthly cards with the cute "Month" stamps. That trellis diecut is really good, it really does remind me of a garden trellis. Very pretty card this month, looking forward to Septembers version.

Jill Norwood said...

Jeanne - your garden is incredible! Love the pictures!!! And love your monthly cards! The papers on this one are so perfect with the image and I love that die cut!!! I agree with Cathy - it reminds me of a garden trellis! Gorgeous!

NanaConnie said...

Love the card, Jeanne, and even more I love the photos of your garden! I'm afraid mine sort of went downhill this summer because I was just too busy with all the teaching duties. Oh well, I did get some zuchini and tomatoes, but no corn, lettuce, or carrots.

Sharron said...

Wow, those patterned papers are perfect for your August oval! Everything is so bright & summery looking! Love the trellis! You're really having great success with the veggies. Bet it takes a lot of watering with all the high temps this year. Everything looks wonderful though--TFS your photos!

Lisa Minckler said...

ohhh beautiful, beautiful card!!! Ohhhhh how yummy are those pictures. :) That lattice focal point is amazing.

Buffy said...

A very beautiful card.
And what a wonderful garden, nothing like home-grown.

Peanut said...

Wow, what a garden, Jeanne!!! I'm jealous! My garden is brown and crunchy . Love the August card . Your colouring is fab. Is there anything you can do?! LOL!

Vickie Z said...

Love your card and dreaming about the Indiana garden! We have a small patch on the side of our house. No black dirt...have to figure out what grows!

Shannon White said...

Oh Wow Jenne! this is So Pretty and Vibrant! Love the Sweet stamped image and Fabulous dp's too! Fabulous pics of your garden too! We used to have one growing up and I sure do miss all the fresh veggies! Accept for one year we had zucchini coming out our ears! lol I think we had zucchini everything that year! lol 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous card AND GARDEN. WOW, you really have a green thumb!

Joyce said...

What a gorgeous card. And, your garden is fabulous. I'm so impressed. I have a black thumb, and I know how hard it is to grow anything.

Helen Berry said...

Jeanne, these are fab stamps! Your garden looks fantastic - what a treat to have all your own homegrown veg!