Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Serendipity Blog Hop - Lace Corner

Welcome to the Serendipity Stamps bimonthly blog hop challenge!  The challenge this time was to use a border or corner stamp with the Rose, Cocoa, and Mint color scheme.   Serendipity has lots of corners and borders to choose from...  floral, rope (nautical or western), flourishes, and the pretty lace corner that I used on my card today.

You don't have to buy a special die to make a paper yo-yo.  I  made mine by cutting a 2" strip of pattern paper.  I punched the edge with a border punch and then scored lines every 1/4 inch.  I inked the edges and then folded the paper in a zig zag pattern and attached the two ends.  I hot glued a paper punched circle on the top and bottom of the folded paper to keep it in place.  I wanted to frame my yo yo with the lace corner stamp.  First I stamped the top right and bottom left.  There wasn't room for the entire stamp for last two corners, so I masked off the area I already stamped and then added these two corners.   I knew my bow and my tag would cover most of the "blank" areas where the stamps didn't meet.
 I finished off the card with a pretty bow, some mulberry flowers, and a pretty flourish.

I hope you liked my card and will visit the other Serendipity Design Team members and see what they've come up with for this challenge!  Just click on their names listed alphabetically below to jump to their blogs.



The sale this week at Serendipity is buy 3 stamps and get the 4th one free.  Sale ends on June 25.  You can click here to go to the Serendipity storefront.
Have a beautiful day!

Jeanne

Lace CornerBlissVictorian Heart Set

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 6" x 6"
Stamps:  Serendipity Lace Corner, Victorian Hearts, Bliss
Paper:  Jolees Boutique French General Collection
Solid Paper:  Papertreyink Fine Linen, Dark Chocolate, New Lear, Stampers Select
Corner Chomper - We R Memory Keepers 1/8", Fine Linen
Die Cuts:  Memory Box  Amira Flourish, Spellbinders Labels 14
Mulberry Flowers Ribbon Reel, Seam Binding Hug Snug Camel Hair
Ink:  Stampin' Up Real Red, VersaFine Vintage Sepia, Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen, Festive Berries

17 comments:

Shannon White said...

Wow Jeanne! This is just Gorgeous! Wow! Love the Beautiful rosette and lovely focal heart! And I'm so loving the lacy bits and Darling sentiment tag too! Just Love the whole thing! 8-)

Big Hugs
Shannon

Anonymous said...

WOW this card is just stunning love the colors you have used. The flowers and ribbon and that intricate die awesome.
Hugs Rizwana xx

Miriam said...

WOW! All those layers! Just beautiful. Great use of the lace border!

Lynn Mercurio said...

THUS! This card is amazing, Jeanne. Love the layers with your look of lace and fabric. Amazing job!

Sue Eldred said...

simply stunning. Love all the colors. (red is my favorite)

Amy Marie said...

wow that is one fancy card! Love it!

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh this is gorgeous! It would take me all day to make this. Love all the details and stamping. Gorgeous colors too.
Congrats on your well deserved shout out at WMS That card was also a beauty.

Pauline said...

Oh this is just gorgeous! Love the frame, the scroll die cut, the fab bow, everything!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow, this card is so beautiful, very classy and elegant. Love that green bow with the flowers, a nice way to finish off your incredible card.

Unknown said...

WOW is right. This is more than fabulous Jeanne. The colors are great together but your creativity truly shines through on this one. It is one amazing card!!!

Cathy Weber said...

This is so pretty, I LOVE the yo-yo, especially how you shaded the edges. The heart is a beautiful stamp and your choices of patterned papers really compliment the headt stamp. I also love those really pretty flowers and the great bow. Beautiful card Jeanne!

Christina said...

So often I think cards with lots of layers just have too much going on, but you always manage to strike the perfect balance. I just love taking in all of the details on your cards, like the beautiful fabric background and intricate die cut flourish you've used here. Truly gorgeous!

Sharron said...

Beautifully done, Jeanne! Fantastic details as always and I love the colors. Your rosette and that wonderful heart die are so pretty! Your red, white & blue card for yesterday was fabulous too. The touches of gold made it extra festive. And TFS that great photo of your son and the new puppy! I don't know much about Akitas. Will she keep those gorgeous facial markings as she gets older?

Lisa Minckler said...

I just wanna squeeze it!!! A plethora of eye candy to look at here and it's so versatile for many ocassions. I love all the elements that just jump out at you. Beautiful work!!!!!!

Anne-Elise said...

I love this card, Jeanne! You always make so beautiful cards!! Great work!!

Kristi said...

Are you kidding me? How gorgeous is this card? Wow, I love it!!!!

Joyce said...

Wow--this is absolutely gorgeous. You make it sound easy, but I think you are a trickster. Your layers are just amazing. There is so much to look at with this card.