Saturday, February 18, 2012

CASE #78 Happy Anniversary!



I hope everyone is having a great week.  I feel like I'm falling behind lately.  There are so many challenges I want to play!   I'm really loving Case Study this month with Karola Witczak as the guest designer/muse. I did make a card for last week's challenge but by the time I finished and was ready to post the challenge was over!  This week I'm not messing around!!  I got it done and didn't make any excuses.  Are you playing along?  There's only a few days left!!  
  

When I saw the inspiration photo I fell in love with the flowers and all the layers.  I decided to make mine into a formal anniversary card.  I got the flowers from the wedding department in local craft store.   I thought the strings of pearls, and the soft blue and pink would be in keeping with the wedding / anniversary theme of the card
I added lots of leafy foliage and some pearls on the striped banner.


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:   Finished Size:  6" x 6"
Patterned Paper K & Co.
Dies:  Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frame 5, Spellbinders, Grand Scalloped Squares, Grand Squares, Foliage
Cricut Sophie Cartridge Accent 6 Doily 4.75"
Stamp Sentiment:  Serendipity 376D
Twinery Twine Shore
Ink:  Tim Holtz/Distress Tumbled Glass

18 comments:

Clare said...

Oh wow!! Can't stop looking at this! Just beautiful! LOVE it! Those flowers are gorgeous!

Pauline said...

What a stunning card, I love those pretty feminine flowers, and gorgeous paper, such a romantic card!

Christina said...

Amazing! Wow, I'm seriously speechless. So glad you shared this with us at CASE Study this week!

The Paper Parade said...

Jeanne, this is simply beautiful! I love those huge 3D flowers.

Cathy Weber said...

Those flowers are just beautiful, love how poofy they are and I love that you used some twine on this one, the diecut leaves and the little banner tie it all together. This is really elegant and whoever gets it will love it.

JJ Bolton said...

Just stunning!! The flowers are beautiful of course, but my favorite thing is the way you layered the die cut blue layer over the pink layer. It's one of those subtle details that really make a difference! You're so good at that:)

José said...

STUNNING indeed! What lush flowers. GOrgeous colors. Just beautiful!

Debby said...

Oh my, the colours, the dimension, the overall feeling this card evokes - fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CASE study.

Marybeth said...

Wow! Gorgeous Anniversary card. I love the pretty pink flowers. This one needs to be framed too!

Jean Martin said...

Oh wow this is amazing! Love those flowers! Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Sharron said...

Wow, I think you have a winner here! Love the layering, the die cuts, and all the perfectly placed touches of bling! But most impressive are those gorgeous flowers--just BEAUTIFUL!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, WOW!! This is a stunning card!!! Thank you for joining us at CASE Study this week!!

Linda L said...

Holy Toledo that is just drop dead gorgeous! Those soft pink flowers - yumm!

Cassandra said...

I am glad I didn't attempt this weeks Case Study, I could NEVER have competed with this gorgeous confection. Truly stunning, I can't stop trying to absorb all the details. Congratulations on your win.

Joyce said...

This card is absolutely stunning, and I just saw that you were the winner this week at Case study. Congratulations. It's well deserved.

Lisa Minckler said...

Congratulations to you at CASE Study. :) Your card is sensational. HAD to get a better look. Just gorgeous!!!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

JJ Bolton said...

Congrats Jeanne! So well deserved!

Unknown said...

Beautiful