Thursday, November 17, 2011

WMSC #73 - My Dear

Image(21)
Well it appears I am running behind on most things this week - I don't know why - I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.  I missed out on the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge last week and for sure didn't want to miss out this week.  Sometimes the sketch immediately talks to me, sometimes I have to kick it around in my head a while.  This one took me a while.  I knew immediately that I would be putting a cameo in the circle but the rest of the design eluded me for a while.  
To get the scrunched ribbon look I wrapped seam binding around the card three times and then tied it together with string in the middle under the cameo.  To make the rosette/yo-yo I weaved the same seam binding into the lace ribbon and then pulled it to the right size - I wanted the melon seam binding to frame the cameo.  You know I had to get my touch of bling in there so I added a few glass beads onto the tag strings.  I used Versamagic chalk ink to get full coverage on these solid stamps.  I like how the vintage cameo and tag look with the bright colors.  

I hope you're playing along!  I know it's late, but if you'd like to get the details or see what everyone else came up with  click here  http://waltzingmousesketchchallenge.blogspot.com/2011/11/challenge-73november-12-2011.html . 

Thanks!

Jeanne

Supplies Used:  Finished Size is 5" x 7"
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse  Gingham & Co.,  Oval Classic Frames, Cameo To Go
Dies:  Spellbinders Tags Trio, Classic Circles
Pattern Paper:  October Afternoon 5 & Dime
Ink:  VersaMagic Chalk Pink Grapefruit, Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Trim:  Seam Binding:  Hug Snug Melon, Lace Trim Simplicity 1" Hanging Cluny

14 comments:

Robin said...

Really pretty take on the sketch!
Robin

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Yes, that's what I said for your Waltz post - HOW do you do it? Every time??? FABULOUS!!!

maria f. said...

Loverly!

Deborah Frings said...

This is wonderful - great papers, pretty cameo - just magnificent!! You really are so creative!

Renee said...

Jeanne this is simply gorgeous!!
I love that paper...
and the cameo is absolutely perfect for this sketch!!
LOVE (and taking notes) on how you created that lace rosette...
gorgeous!!

Cathy Weber said...

Oh! The cameo is so gorgeous and that patterned paper and the colors in it are so pretty, a switch up from holiday cards. I love that little rosette, wish I could do that and I love the little touch of bling with the beads. Just an overall striking card. I love it Jeanne.

Carla said...

how creative of you! and the beautiful colors! so bright! love from Holland

Kelly S. said...

Oh BEAUTIFUL, Jeanne! I am so excited because I have those papers, hee! They are perfect with the cameo set. Your seam binding wrap is gorgeous, and I just love how it's threaded through the lace medallion. Those beads are an awesome touch...something else that I don't have in my stash but that you are enabling me to buy soon :O!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Aren't these OA papers lovely?? :) Brilliant idea with the cameo & lace embellishment, must try this some time! Thank you for joining the Mischief Makers in the sketch challenge this week :)

Julia Aston said...

Love you bold flowered paper on this - what a wonderful lace framing you created for your pretty cameo! Thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week Jeanne!

Kim Duran said...

I love the crochet rosette with the cameo in the center, and the seam binding peaking through! How pretty is that! Love your creativity with this card! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

Kary said...

Hi Jeanne! Your card is SO pretty!! Gorgeous colours and I love the clever way you added the crochet flower. LOVE your card! You're so talented!! Have a great weekend!

p.s adding myself to your following list ;)

Deborah Frings said...

Congratulations to a Top Mouse!!! Well done!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card Jeanne! Love that little cameo! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)