Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mojo Monday #209 - October 3, 2011 - Butterfly


Are you getting your Mojo on?  This is the sketch challenge for Monday October 3.  Top picks this week receive a set of Verve stamp set of their choice!  

I just got the Papillon set of stamps from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous and used them as my starting point for the challenge this week.   I like how the images look like they are from an insect field guide. 

I put the focus of my card - the butterfly - in neutral to draw your eye to it.  I used the K & Co. Tim Coffey Blossomwood paper collection because I like the "fabric" look it has and how it lends a little texture to my card.
Of course, you know me, I had to put some bling in there somewhere.  If I'm going to make a card I want it to be extra special and a little sparkle never hurts!   I included a big fat two color seam binding bow with a big gem bauble in the center, and a swirl of turquoise gems to give my butterfly a little magic.  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!  I hope you are having a great day!

Supplies Used:  Finished Size 5" x 7"
Pattern Paper:  K&Co. Tim Coffey Blossomwood, Tim Holtz Kraft Resist
Stamps:  TIm Holtz Stampers Anonymous Papillon, For You from Stampin' Up!
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Standard Circles, Picot Edge Circles,
Border Punch:  Fiskars - Tag Punch Stampin' Up
Seam Binding:  Snug Hug Elegant Peacock Blue, Havana Brown
Ink: Momento Rich Cocoa, Sand  Tim Holtz/Ranger Distress Antique Linen
Twine:  Martha Stewart
Button:  Bazzill Bling!  Gem Swirl:  Recollections

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Ooh, this is beautiful, love the bazzill bling, the patterned paper and the sweet two tone bow with that gorgeous big crystal! Gorgeous!

Olena said...

Lovely card! Great job! Olena