Saturday, October 15, 2011

Card Patterns Sketch 137 - October 15, 2011 - Halloween Wishes

Hey did you hear?  I'm guest designer this week for the Card Patterns Challenge No. 137!.   I was so excited to be in the company of many of my favorite designers who did the same before me.  I hope you are playing along!  If you're card is selected out of the top "Super 6" you could be the next guest designer for Card Patterns.  You can get all the details here: http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/.     This is the design this week by Michelle Bertuzzi.   You can make any type of card you like, any color you like - JUST HAVE FUN!
I just love Halloween - the way my neighborhood is transformed into another world as all the houses are decorated with spooky scenes, and seeing the delight of the children dressed up going door to door collecting treats.  Most of the adults here sit in front of their homes near a fire pit, or sometimes pretending to be a zombie on the front porch until a passer  stumbles accross them unaware as they quickly come alive.

The timing for this challenge was perfect for me because I just got my hands on the new Hocus Pocus stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps.  What a great excuse to put these babies to use immediately! 
I stamped the top background paper with the "bat wreath" using a laser level to get things nice and straight.  I put a little moon gem in the center of each of the wreaths and put a flourish of gems around my sentiment to add a little magic to my Hallowen theme.  The trim is threaded with sequins so it has alot of spakle, and I got the button out of my stash.   I put a little witch charm on some black and white twine threaded with some black ebeads and wrapped it all up with a big orange grosgrain ribbon.   Gotta have a little bling for Halloween!

I hope you like my card and have time to play along!  I look forward to seeing your creations and I really appreciate the chance to be Guest Designer this week Thanks and Happy Haunting!

Supplies Used:   Finished Size 5" x 7"
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Hocus Pocus, Midnight Feast (Witch), Vintage Labels 14
Dies:  Spellbinders:  Vintage Labels 14
Pattern Paper on bottom half of card by The Paper Studio - Vintage Black Ornate
Ink:  Momento Tuxedo Black, Orange
Twine:  Martha Stewart

3 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

I love this and Congratulations to you on your win and guest designer post! A laser level? You really took this one seriously!! It was worth it because that patterned paper you made could be one I would purchase at a stamp store. I love all the bling you added to this and that beautiful bow. You will be having so many people oogling and casing this card without a doubt. Great job Jeanne.

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Jeanne, congrats on your guest design spot, I can see many more from you in the future! Love the bat wreath paper, one of my fave stamps, and I'm not just keeping it for Halloween lol! Love the gorgeous bow and beautiful gem, the ribbon is just gorgeous! A stunning card, as always! Have a great weekend!

Cheryl said...

Congrats on the guest design spot! I love this card. It's definitely a Halloween card, but so elegant, too! The sentiment panel is gorgeous.