Thursday, August 18, 2011

WMSC 60 - Week of August 13, 2011 - Save the Date

I know, I'm running late this week for the sketch challenge.   I'm planning a pasta party and that has been consuming most of my time.  Perhaps you are familiar with this - but if not, families of the kids that are on the cross country team take turns getting the kids carbed up the day before the race by serving them lots of pasta and bread.   This upcoming Monday is our turn to host and I am expecting between 50-60 high school boys and girls.  That's alot of pasta and Gatorade!   

WMS60For this week's challenge I made a fun invitation.  I made this one for my 18 year old daughter who will use any excuse to throw a party!  I think this is a really pretty way to present someone with an invitation that really stands out.  I think with a little change of colors and papers you could use this lay out for almost anything, from a bridal shower to the actual wedding invitation.  Maybe Sweet 16?  How about all in black for "Over the Hill"?   It's up to you.


I put little pearls on the flowers, and if you look at the close up image you can make out a teeny tiny little gold gem on that candle.  I also embossed the "Save the Date" on the folder/envelope and used a small dot of velcro so it has an easy open/close. 
Products Used:
Waltzingmouse Stamps:  Big Day Essentials, Eat Cake, Join Us, Fancy Flourishes & Scallops & Dots
Spellbinders Die:  Creative Book Pages
Reflections Glitter Paper Purple Swirl
Momento Ink:  Sweet Plum, Lulu Lavender
Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink:  Antique Linen
Zing Embossing Powder Metallic Purple

5 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Oh, wauw, this is gorgeous!! Loooove the golden swirls on the purple, that's amazing and the swirls behind the pie are wonderful! The pearls are perfect on the card, amazing!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely stunning!! Love everything about this - the colour is so rich, the bling is gorgeous - just fabulous!

Clare said...

FABULOUS! love the purple and wonderful details! Thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

Savitri said...

Ooooh, soooo pretty!! Just elegant! Great ribbon!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Jeanne! That WM cake is oh so pretty and love the color combo! Thanks for joining along with the WMSC :)